Thursday, September 27, 2012

Burning 600 Calories in 4 Minutes; Ideal For Super Busy People

Ever wished to burn as much calories as you can but doesn't have the luxury of time? Worry no more because at this moment you will be learning a simple workout routine that would only require a small portion of your rare vacant time. 

I happened to learn this routine when I attended the special visit of the MILO-APEX team in the city to conduct a 2-days running clinic program for free. The group is being lead by Pinoy Biggest Loser coach Jim Saret and his wife coach Tonette "Toni" Dimaguila-Saret; coach Vincent "Vince" Buenaventura and coach Madel Galvez. I learned a lot during the training and was amazed that I was able to finish the hard core challenge. If you happen to visit Davao City's People's Park, then you will have an idea how big is its running track. It isn't that large though but for an amateur runner like me, completing two laps would be very hard. How much more if the entire lap would be divided into four posts wherein you will do an exercise before continuing your run. The exercises (JUMPING JACK, SQUAT, PUSH UP and LUNGES) on each post with one of the coaches. Each exercises will have 21 counts on the first lap, 15 counts on the second and 9 counts on the last one. For advance runners, they will have an additional lap with 5 counts on each exercises.



Accordingly, the entire activity is similar to running a 10k mileage but within a lesser amount of time. I wasn't able to take note of my time though but for the record, I wasn't able to finish a 10k run in my entire amateur running career. The entire activity focused on the proper way of running and avoiding unnecessary muscle injuries. 



Now for the much awaited workout that allows you to burn 600 calories in the span of 4 minutes, you just have to remember 4 basic exercises; JUMPING JACK, SQUAT, PUSH UP and LUNGES. You just have to do all these exercises at 10 counts each, for the lunges it would be 10 counts on each leg and have as many cycles as you can in 4 minutes. Aim at least 4-5 cycles to burn as many calories as you can. Trust me it isn't that easy. 

As of this writing, I can only finish two cycles but I'm trying my best to increase the cycle little by little. It was totally an unforgettable experience. It was a once in lifetime opportunity to learn those things from them and I'm very thankful I was able to take part of it. 

Running is fun, thus the term FUN RUN, but it should also come along with proper or healthy way of running thus making it FUN and HEALTHY RUN. -niceurdaneta-

0 comments: